Sunday, October 31, 2010

Casting and working with Clay

      I am still alive here at Osage and making awesome sculpture but my feeling homesick has increased everyday. Not that I’m crying but I really miss my crew and social interaction. I am in a love hate relationship with myself being alone. I am glad I have my Greyhound Ruckus because he keeps my spirits high and give me a smile and a wagging tail telling me it’s another great day and to get off my ass and give him his walk. So my boy Ruckus keeps me in check. Also I got a phone call from my boy Death. That just made my day! I was just so happy to talk to Death and catch up on things. Death is one guy I can always depend on no matter what the circumstance. He is always an uplifting spirit in my life, someone I look up to when I am in my dark place. He is always my light keeping my darkness from taking over my outlook in life. As we say that which doses not kill us just makes us stronger so we can kill it! (Really, I said that but I’m sure he’s shaking his head at me laughing) Other then feeling homesick I am really getting massive work done here at Osage. Right now I have five installations I have to install, plus get photographed.  I also have to publish this book I’m working on of my artwork and recent installations here at Osage. I only have a month to get this all done so I am starting to feel the pinch of time even though I have a ton of it right now. The studio is casting about three to five bones a day and one wax casting a day. So the studio is very productive and the installations are growing everyday. There are three installations that are very exciting to me because I have been watching them form slowly since I’ve been here at Osage. One is very special to me because I collected the bone here at Osage then made the mold here at and have been casting the mold here at Osage. So everything has been done here. So that installation holds a little more excitement for me to see these installations come to life. The other two installations are walrus bone and the shapes that there making are so beautiful and new I am taking back just because I am so unfamiliar with the shape they are making. I can’t wait to get these installations installed. The next problem is how to make these installations saleable to galleries and make them durable as well. But I guess we will get to that soon enough.
        Also this week I started a hand building class at Krugers Clay studio. I am really excited to be taking a class but I don’t thing they were ready for a six foot two inch man dressing in black with horns on his head and rings all over his face. The teacher greeted me and then silence for about two hours until they found out I rescue Greyhounds, then I was ok to talk to. So getting of to a quiet start but I made my first dish from a slab. I will go to class next week with ideas to work with incorporating bones into the objects. We ended up talking a lot about what I could do with bones and properties of clay. I was really glad just to be talking about art really because there is not much idea sharing here at Osage. So I will be bringing in bones and drawing to class or I will be making soap dishes for Christmas presents. Not my thing but I could always use a soap dish. I am still trying to figure out what soap is used for much less a soap dish but all will come with time. Well until next week when I have more work to share with you and thank you for your ongoing support. Remember to check out my Website WWW.AARONKENT.ORG
Love ya!  

No comments:

Post a Comment