Monday, September 6, 2010

Osage Artist in Residency

Well her I am at Osage Artist in Residency program in Osage county Missouri. I am really out in farm country and I have meet Lily and her mom (horses) 4 mo mo’s and the chicken coop with about 12 chickens 2 roosters where I am suppose to go and collect my eggs but I haven’t gotten to that yet. I have been here at Osage just about a week and I have gotten a better feel to my surroundings but I’m still getting use to the slow down mode and focusing primarily on my sculpture. This week all I have been doing is unpacking and settling in. I also have started to do some trail walking with Ruckus my greyhound and bone collecting in the forest. So far I have collected turtle bones and a skull of a bird of prey. Still don’t know what kind of bird but I say a vulture. I did manage to start assembling some sculpture in the studio to get it ready for installations around Osage. The food here is very different. I have eaten deer chili, fried chicken, poke sausage and beef. All raised and killed and processed here on this farm. Sounds a little cruel but I really feel better eating like this and seeing how the animals are raised then eating processed America. Other then that I hope to get casting, sculpting, and mold making by the end of next week. I also hope to have some pictures to show as well. As always thank you so much for your support!!! The Art Revolution grows from you and you are the Art Revolution!!! Keep me proud and keep the motivation going! Until next week love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment