Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bone Collecting

Well today at Osage I learned about chiggers! I have about 100 chigger bites from walking in the woods and fields. I did however found some remedies. One is sulfur soap two is massive OFF sprayed all over and three is Benadryl and anti-itch lotion so you can sleep. On the up side I did get almost a whole horse skeleton out of my pain and suffering. I am really excited about this horse skeleton. There is so many new shapes of bone and I can wait till they dry out so I can start making molds of them. Hope to reclaim some cow skeletons tomorrow. I am still working on the bone installation here at the studio. The piece has grown in size using two different shapes and has a circular repetitive pattern throughout its whole structure. It’s coming along really nicely.

It’s another day at Osage and today I went back into the wood where they told me where a whole cow skeleton would be. Let’s just say I almost cried when I saw the whole skeleton laying there. It was so beautiful and there were so many bones I have not seen before. I am very excited to get started on picking out bones and making molds of them to start some more sculpture. So in two days I have almost collected like 100 bones. I am so excited and can’t wait to start playing with them. Yes you can call me Bone Daddy LOL

The summery this week has been a pretty good week for me here at Osage. I now have two skeletons I almost have my casting studio up and running. I hope to be casting plaster and wax bones and start set up for some new molds in this studio next week for sure. I also got my care package from my friends at Suder’s Art Store. I got my drawing supplies so I can start drawing bones or skulls. My life here is nothing but bones, sculpture and living life on a farm. All work very well together. I hope to next month start doing some installations in the woods and documenting them. But for now I am blogging to you drinking coffee and petting my dog Ruckus and Ruckus new friend Zeus. Till next week signing off and thank you all for your Support!!! The Art Revolution is making mad art for the battles to come. Keep me proud and keep the motivation high!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment