Sunday, November 28, 2010

Last Week at Osage

 This is it - the last and final week here at Osage. I am excited and sad about this week: excited because when I look back at these three months I have gotten a lot of sculpture done and look forward to the future; sad because I will leave Osage and miss this place and all the friends I have made here. But I am looking forward to getting back to Cincy and catching up with friends. It was also brought to my attention that I have not been giving out proper respects to all the people who made this happen for me and have been there to support me through this adventure. First, let me start out in saying thank you to Osage and all my support in Cincinnati and Washington DC because without that I could have never been here or do what I’m doing. Now, props to CAT and VIC, my crew here at Osage. You are the best and I love hanging with you. You helped me keep my spirits up and always had a smile for me when I saw you. Without you two I don’t think I would be smiling as big as I am now. I think of you two when I think of Osage and I will miss you when I leave, but you will always be in my heart (Like if I had a heart! just saying).My props to Osage, Mark, and Tony for giving me such a great experience here and allowing me to come to such a great place for three months. Also mad props to Core Clay and Laura Davis for looking over me in Cincinnati while I make sculpture for three months. Also to Joni my awesome studio assistant and friend for checking in on me and making me laugh. To my Boy, Death – yep, till death do us part. You my boy and that’s all I got to say because you know the rest! Also to everyone who has supported me and given me Love and Understanding that allowed me to take my artwork to the next level. I could not have done any of these things without your love and support. Yes, you know who you are and I’m not going to list you all because this will be a hell of a long blog.
                On that note I have got my new book out and printed. The book is called Bones and you can view it online or even buy a copy for your art collection. I also have been shutting down the Residency and studio, packing all my bones, molds, waxes, and cleaning the place to make sure I leave everything the way it was and ready for the next artist.  I am getting ready to come back to Cincinnati and prepare for next year. I will be busy as hell but with a new energy! I will be a force to be reckoned with. My art will live on and always make its mark because Art Is a VOICE!  Other than that, I will be shutting down my clay classes and bringing back some pots to my little apartment. Also Ruckus has no clue what’s going on other then where’s my walk and feed me. He will be bumming when he leaves, but he is looking forward to getting back to his pack of greyhounds back in Cincinnati. Till next week thank you for your ongoing support and remember to check out my Website WWW.AARONKENT.ORG
Love ya!  

No comments:

Post a Comment