Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Coming to an end

        I am defiantly feeling the pinch of time here at Osage. I have less then one week left at Osage and all that’s left is shutting down everything and heading back to Cincinnati. So a lot happened this week. First off I finally got my last two installations done here at Osage. They are two suspended installations hung in trees. I personally am in a love hate relationship with them. Visually they look awesome but photographically they disappear into the background because there is so much space in between each bone.  I don’t quite know how to photograph them and I am still working that out. Other then that with these last two installations done my book Bones is on its way to be published. Yes that’s right my fist catalogs is about to be put into print so if you’re a fan of my work this would be a great opportunity to have this in your collection. Also this week I gave a talk to the Belle High School. It went ok but I could always use some more work on public speaking. I had to give four one hour talks and then was invited back for art club. I talked to the art club for another two hours. After that some kids wanted to come back to Osage and see my work or the Bone Installations. So I didn’t get done talking till 7pm. Also as a result from kids looking at my sculpture I ended up with the kids coming back for a Saturday drawing night for about two hours. That went pretty well and I walked away with two drawing that the kids gave me. I was pretty pumped that they were into it that much and they wanted to keep coming back for more. Very hungry minds for art! I loved it! Other then that I am still casting waxes for my bronzes to cast back in Cincinnati but other then that the shut down has begun. I am still taking hand building clay class at Krueger’s and even that is coming to an end. I am trying to glaze and fire what I can so I can get it back to Cincinnati without it breaking.  So everything is in shut down mode and I will have to start packing up my army of bones. I do have two more deer carcasses to clean before Thanksgiving and then the major shut down begins. I am looking forward to coming back to the civilized world and it will be nice to have my friends back in my life and feel wanted again. Till next week thank you for your ongoing support and remember to check out my Website WWW.AARONKENT.ORG
Love ya!  

No comments:

Post a Comment